Christine Koh is a music and brain scientist turned multimedia creative. She spent a decade in academia, during which time she was awarded prestigious fellowships from the National Institutes of Health to fund her Ph.D. research at Queen’s University and joint-appointment postdoctoral fellowship at Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, and the Massachusetts Institutes of Technology. Christine was about to become a professor when she decided to hang up her academic spurs in favor of more flexible and independent ventures.
Since leaving academia in 2006, Christine has forged a new career focused on creating content to help people live better, happier, and with elevated purpose and intention. Christine is:
- Founder/editor of Boston Mamas, a pioneer in the hyperlocal lifestyle niche
- Co-host of the Edit Your Life Show, a podcast devoted to helping people edit their lives to make room for awesome
- Co-author of Minimalist Parenting, a book to help parents enjoy family life more by doing less
- Designer/co-owner of Brave New World Designs, a stylish, advocacy-oriented design collection
- Creative Director at Women Online, a communications firm that specializes in using social media for good)
Christine lives in the Boston area with her husband Jonathan and daughters Laurel and Violet.